See the full gallery on posterous

I wanted to do something quick, easy and cute, so I decided to just make a summer top with one of the new fabrics I bought a few weeks ago. The print is adorable. The fabric is from Westminster from Valori Wells. The pattern=None used. I just cut out a rectangular piece of fabric out, applied 7 rows of elastic, and sewed it together, and then added the straps. Honestly, I am a bit disappointed with a few things.

First of all, I added a binding on top of the shirt that was too heavy, so it sticks out from her body. I should have made the binding smaller giving it less weight. The same is true for the straps. Smaller bikini straps would have been nicer on this top.
Secondly, the fabric wrinkles like crazy. I have had this problem before with Westminster fabrics, so I tend to stay away from them if I can. However, knowing this, I should have stuck to a pattern that has a lining. That is what I get for wanting to do something quick and easy. When you have not sewn for awhile, you tend to forget the most basic of principles. Oh well, she will wear this top. I love the colors and it is such a fun top.

Posted via email from Kinder-Kouture