When they say “Time Flies the older you get” well it is true.  I was thinking today about the nice relaxing weekends I used to have before the kids were born.  I would clean the house in about 3-4 hours, relax outside in the afternoon, have tea and cake, and dinner by 7:00.  Just in time to enjoy a movie.  Now it is get up at 6am, feed the kids, check my email, and out the door by 7:30-8:00am.   Not seeing my house again until the afternoon.  

Normally, I spend at least one day at home relaxing, while my husband chauffeurs the kids around from park to park, but this weekend was different.  I decided that mommy was going to go too! Yippee.  It started on Saturday with T-Ball practice for 4 and 5 year olds.  My goodness, I almost could not believe my eyes at how many people were there.  I swear there were at least 300 kids there.  I knew the moment I saw all the cars that we were in trouble. 

Nicolas has a social shyness which has plagued us (the parents) for about 2 1/2 years.  Whenever we go somewhere or have to try something new, our son develops an “ATTITUDE”.  He just refuses to try something or do anything.  He is scared, worried, frightened.  God only knows.  It started when we moved here.  We went to the beach.  The moment we stepped on the boardwalk, he froze and would not move another inch.  He screamed and cried.  Finally my husband threw him over his shoulder, kicking and screaming and dragged him down to the shoreline.   At first we thought it was the water that scared him, even though he has always loved to swim at home in the pool or in the bathtub.  Finally, after a few years we realized that it was not the beach or the water, but the amount of people that scared him.  So T-Ball is sort something we enrolled him in not because he wants to play, but something we as parents just have to do to help him overcome his lack of self-confidence.  Even though, his teachers all say he does not lack self-confidence, he lacks curiousity and courage.

We were sent to various different stations where he had to throw a ball, bat a ball and catch a ball.  Thank goodness, friends of ours were there, and we hooked up with them, so the kids could play.  He did ok.  When the coach threw him the ball, he just let the ball roll right by him.  He did not even make an effort to go get it, until I told him to drop his attitude.  I apologized to the coach.  He was very nice.  His reply was “Don’t worry, we will get rid of that Attitude by the time he is done here.” LOL.  Good.   I was just as nervous as he was.  Not a big fan of crowds myself, but I know what to do when I have to do something.  I guess that is something I have to teach him.  I hope this sport will teach him that being a team player is a good thing.  We will have to wait and see.  

Right after that, we headed to a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese, where we stayed for four hours.  It was soooooooooooooo crowded.  The kids had a great time, and Olivia did great without her nap.  When the tantrums came on, we knew it was time to say goodbye and get her in the car.  Two minutes later, she was out like a light.  We made it home by 4:00pm.  A long day.

Today, I got up feeling tired and looking at my house got me even more exhausted.  We had another birthday party to go to, and a dinner invitation from our neighbors.  We could not back out of anything, so I sit her guilty, because I sent my husband to the party alone with the kids.  I wanted to clean the house, blog and relax a bit before dinner tonight.  I have been cleaning since 10:00am determined to really clean the house from top to bottom.  I have made it halfway through, and will most likely quit in a moment.  I am pooped.

I did manage to get Olivia’s PJ set finished, and I really do love it.  I am hoping to finish Nicolas’ PJ set by tomorrow.  I have to because I have orders to fill for my shop.  My Easter dress is finally selling.  I am sure the closer we get to Easter, the more business I will get.  At least I hope so.