I need a break….from sewing that is.  My whole body aches from sitting in that chair, and my posture and tummy is not gaining anything from it either.  You know when you cut out a print in the wrong direction, and then sew two backs together twice, insert elastic into the wrong spot and repeat a buttonhole three times….IT IS TIME TO STOP!!!! Yes I am screaming.  I recently read a post about someone completing 15 things in one day.  How on earth do they manage these things.  I finished three things, and I felt like I needed a new pair of eyes, hands, back and head. 

Upside down Car Pajama Pants

Upside down Car Pajama Pants

So here, is the first thing I finished.  Upside down print pajama pants.  What can you expect, when you cut out a pattern at 10:00pm.  I was trying so hard to please my son in all of this stress, that I should have gone to bed.  This is an Ottobre pattern, in a size 92 and it fits wonderfully.  He did not have them pulled up correctly for the picture, but they really do fit perfectly.

I was also working on an Oliver + S Pattern all day.  The swingset and tunic.  Cute pattern, but I did run into some problems.  The pattern pieces were misprinted.  I had 4 Back bodice lining pieces in a size 6-12mos.  So I cut out the wrong size the first time.  Then I had problems with the strap.  The strap pattern piece seemed so short, and they wanted you to cut it in half.  So I looked at the pattern layout, and it showed two of them being cut out in one long piece, as if it was placed on the fold.  The pattern piece did not specify to cut on the fold though.  So I was confused, and cut it out on the fold.  I would prefer the piece be too long then too short.  Of course, it was all wrong, and I had to refit the strap 5 or 6 times.  The bodice went together very nicely.  It looked very clean.  At least that was what I thought, until I had to finish the back lining.  I did not like the way she drafted and put together the button placket.  I like to handsew the lining to the bodice and give the inside a finished look, however in this case, the placket bodice and lining were joined, so you could not fold it under.  I had to serge the end, and leave it hanging out of the lining.  Hard to explain, but it was not as pretty as I would have liked.  Then I had problems with the lining being too long and not wide enough to sew nicely to the bodice.  As I reread the directions, she said to cut off 1/4″ on the length.  Why a patternmaker would do that is beyond me.  Just make the pattern 1/4″ shorter in the first place.  I had already serged the bottom edges, so I was not about to cut off that extra fabric.  I don’t like to serge fabric once it has been attached to the garment.  My luck, and I will cut a hole into the almost finished garment.

The skirt was alot of fun, and oh so easy.  It turned out very cute.  The only trouble I ran into was the buttonhole.  I made the buttonhole 9mm as was on the pattern piece, however this is a bit bigger then the 3/8″.  So when I sewed my topstitching it ran right over the buttonhole, and I ended up having to remove all of it.  Not to happy with that.  Other then that,  I finished the outfit, and I will probably make another one for my niece.  I don’t like it when I have a hard time putting together such a cute outfit.  I have to do it again, and see if it gets any easier.  I will try to get some modeling pictures this afternoon.

Swingset and Tunic

Swingset and Tunic