I found some cute inexpensive knits at JA, so I decided to play with the new romper in the new Summer 2008 magazine.

The pattern was very easy to put together.  The sleeves looked cute, however I thought the bottom part of the sleeve was too big. 

They said it should measure 22cm, but next time I am going to cut at least 4cm off of the width.  The binding took the longest, but the coverstitch makes it so easy to attach.  I attached the binding with 3/8″ stitch, turned it under and then used the coverstitch to do my topstitching. 

I am going to do another one of these, and I might try the binder attachment next time.  That thing scares me a bit.  Other then that, I followed the instructions and did everything Ottobre said.  I included stay tape on the left front,  

and on the right front inside..  Some notes to remember.  I found the romper to be a bit wide.  I probably could have sewn a size smaller.  I also think one snap on the inside would have been enough.  Speaking of snaps, I think size 14’s are nicer on baby things then the 16’s.  The 16’s are a bit harder to unsnap.  So I need to place another order. 

Thanks to my dh for giving me a few hours to sew this afternoon.  It felt good.